All Day Ticket = $40 ~ and includes lunch!
FEB. 6, Monday: AQUAGE EDUCATIONAL EVENTS!
MUSE UPDOS – 2 HOURS (click for video)
*CONTINUING EDUCATION*, Course #126750, Provider #1181
Today, dressing up is about effortless-looking style that transcends time and trends. Aquage designed this exciting Muse collection to entice the young and the young at heart to look to their Aquage trained stylist to handcraft a fresh, modern updo that is more gathered than coiffed.
Cost: $25.00 Time: 10:00 – 12:00
AQUAGE FREE FORMS CUTTING
*NOT FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION*
All about the essence and movement of a haircut. The personality of a haircut. There are 9 principles of texturizing the hair to create flow and movement within a haircut. Must be performed over a foundation (a pure form haircut). These 9 principles may be performed in a light, medium, heavy, or extreme manner which will determine whether the haircut remains more classic (more pure as in a lightly texturized Pure Form shape) or is more edgy and modern (more of Pure Form that has the shape more knocked out). Free Forms haircuts are usually cut dry.
Cost: $25.00 Time: 1:00 – 3:00
Join us for SORME BROW STYLING with Oscar J. Molinar at the South Lamar location!
Oscar will be on the shopping floor demonstrating various makeup techniques from 10:00 – 12:00 this Tuesday, Jan. 10. Please come by for all or just some of this amazing class, elevating your Brow Prowess to new levels!
Plus, all shoppers that day will be able to enter to win TWO SORME DISPLAYS for all who are shopping on Tuesday! No strings!!!
- Brow Know-How: using Sorme’s brow gels, pencils and powders
- Contouring 101: using Sorme’s Contouring Kit, blushes and bronzers
- Ultimate Eye Looks: featuring Sorme’s wide range of eye products, natural & evening smoky eye looks with liner options
It’s our final push to clear the shelves before we have to count everything for inventory! Please take advantage of these incredible deals!
Prices are good through 2016… or until the products are sold out!
For a complete list of items, please click here: 2016-dec-final-sale-complete
Our biggest sale of the year is around the corner. And this year we are doing it RIGHT! We have hundred of items at over 50% off! We have so many incredible deals, we can’t get them all on one flier! For the most complete list, please click here: 2016-dec-ods-flier-complete
On Monday we will have Champagne, Caviar and other catered treats. Plus, visit with the following reps:
9:00 – 3:00 Farouk System – Jen Prince
9:00 – 1:00 Johnny B – Danny Tran
10:00 – 3:00 Aquage – Kelly Wright
Happy Thanksgiving, South Austin Salons and Stylists!
We will be closed on Thursday for Thanksgiving. Because of the short week, we will be delivering all orders on Wednesday. Please call us by 5:00 on Tuesday with your order so we have time to pull, pack and invoice it.
Please don’t forget about our Black Friday Sale, where we will have Hot Mulled Wine and other festive snacks on Friday at both locations (full flier here: 2016-black-friday-sale-flier ):
COLOR SO BRILLIANT, IT INSTANTLY RESTRENGTHENS HAIR WITH UP TO TWICE THE SHINE.
Joico LumiShine is taking the color world by storm, winning accolades from stylists across the country and even a 2016 Behind the Chair Stylist Choice Award! For the month of October, we have a deal for this incredible product line:
Purchase the LumiShine Permanent Color Intro at $149 (value: $174.50), Get FREE:
LumiShine Demi Color Intro (value: $174.00)
Free Ticket to Oct. 17 Lumishine Advanced Color Class (value: $25)
Free Olaplex Trial Kit (value: $65)
INCREDIBLE! But this offer expires Oct. 31!
NEW Joico LumiShine transforms hair from the inside out with breakthrough ArgiPlex Technology, delivering astonishing shine, color longevity, and overall healthier hair—guaranteed!
- Hair with up to twice the shine*
- 100% replenished and restrengthened hair**
- Nourishing protection that seals in moisture, softness and shine for up to 30 full shampoos*
With a Permanent Crème and Demi-Permanent Liquid system, LumiShine offers pros the easiest possible color solution for every salon service and hair type imaginable. Here’s why you’ll love LumiShine…
- It’s Easy! Three simple steps to brilliant color—consultation, formulation, and application.
- It’s Predictable… Reliable… and Utterly Straightforward! A full spectrum of perfectly balanced, intermixable pre-blended shades allows you to deliver straight-from-the-tube (or bottle) color perfection—every single time.
- It Smells Amazing! LumiShine is formulated with Joico’s exclusive Gentle Fresh Fragrance technology, a patented combination of molecules that helps neutralize airborne ammonia and envelopes your color service in fresh, calming notes of bergamot, iris, and sandalwood. Client comfort is off the charts.
Color Decoded ~ The World of Schwarzkopf
Hair color trends change regularly but technical skills and product information is always crucial. This brilliant introduction to the newest products that have become part of the Schwarzkopf portfolio will elevate your creativity and inspire you to think outside the box.
- Igora Absolutes Silver Whites
- Igora Nudes
- Igora Pearlescense
- Igora High Power Browns
- Igora Metallics
- Igora Colorworkx
- Igora Royal Hi-Lift Series (10 & 12)
Oct. 10, Monday
10:00 – 2:00
See you then!
We have THE education you need to further your craft!
If you are a Wella user, this is your opportunity to learn about new products, new techniques and new “Wella World” things! The educators know that you are the best of what makes Wella so successful in Austin. They will educate your like a professional peer, knowing you represent the best there is!
New to Wella? Well, this will answer the question: Why Wella?
SEPT. 27, TUESDAY: WELLA COUTURE BLONDES
- Master the full spectrum of blondes with Wella Professionals high-lift blondes and lighteners:
- Understand the perfect blonde consolation to achieve the desired result your client is looking for
- Gain confidence in selecting from our blonding portfolio
- Discover new techniques for subtle or expressive looks
- Learn to utilize the lightening curve to achieve warm or cool results
- Increase your revenue with profitable blonding services
- Learn about new launches like Color Touch Plus, the new grey coverage line
- See the new Wella Fall Trends
- Remember Magma? Going over how to further utilize this line
Time: 10:00 – 1:00
OCT. 3: BUSINESS CLASS: YOUR TRUE COLOR SEMINAR (WELLA)
Did you know 70% of women believe their consultation should have been more in-depth ? As a hairdresser, you know that the second your client sits in the salon chair, your expertise becomes the catalyst.
- Learn the world of grey expertise to drive your salon business with such services as: grey coverage, shading and blending
- Provide your fashion-savvy clients a fashion-forward, low-commitment look that will have them coming back for more trend-driven looks sooner
- Understand the secret language of your clientele demographic
- Learn Wella’s “Color Equation” – The Secret Science of Attractiveness
- Customize to the needs of your salon by selecting 1 of the following modules: Shades of Grey, First Time Coloring
Time: 10:00 – 1:00
It’s HERE! The World’s Fair of Cosmetics Arts & Sciences is this weekend! And they have a great lineup! Check out their website to plan your class schedule: worldsfairhairshow.com or download this pfd: 2016-worlds-fair-schedule-complete
Some of our top picks:
ACTiiV Hair Science
An innovative haircare line, ACTiiV’s shampoo-based treatments have restorative powers and natural ingredients that target hair loss. Come learn about the science behind ACTiiV products and how they can help make hair thicker and stronger. Every salon and stylist should be carrying this amazing line. Effective & safe, even for pregnant women.
OLAPLEX, The Future of Chemical Services
Raise the bar on your color, perm, and smoothing and straightening services with Olaplex! With your existing clientele, multiple-use Olaplex will allow you to potentially double your revenue for chemical services. Learn how Olaplex opens the door to service clients that haven’t been able to get multiple chemical services in the past. Plus new info on new bonder launching in November!
Beauty & Pin-Ups, Beauty From the Inside Out
Introducing the inspiring partnership of Beauty & Pin-Ups™ and Best Buddies International. Come find out what beauty means to our friends with intellectual disabilities. You’ll meet our Buddies and experience a runway show of classic pin-up hairstyles of the decades!
Geno Stampora, Getting Rich in Beauty
Harness your success and expand your financial horizon! Learn how to sell and upsell with techniques that will make you stand out from the crowd in your performance and retention. Without feeling pushy or getting intimidated, learn proven selling methods for selling to help improve your income and relationships with your customers.
Malibu C®, Color Correction & Transitional Color
Learn tips and tricks that will help you take the stress out of color and the “fear” out of color correction while potentially increasing your revenue. Ensure that any hair type, texture or color level can be successfully transitioned or transformed. Armed with these tools, you’ll become known as a color guru to your clients and peers.
Nick Arrojo, How to be a Hairdressing Inspiration
Nick Arrojo gives a close-up look at four key areas of a hairdresser’s work, taking attendees from good to great, from potential to realization. With signature techniques, ARROJO’s approach to modern, creative, precision-based techniques with a straight edge razor blade are presented. Nick and his team also spotlight contemporary color techniques, such as freehand hair painting and color blocking. Plus, see an innovative method for creating on-trend permanent textures, such as beach waves and loose curls. Then, in the final portion of the class, Nick takes center stage to discuss business and brand-building practices. This is a must-see class facilitated by a modern pioneer of the craft.
Product Club, Blueprint Highlighting: Balayage
Blueprint Highlighting uses the concept of a blueprint to visually present highlighting techniques. Each blueprint starts with a “core concept”, which acts as a foundation for the overall design. Learn techniques from our new DVD Collection, including one technique that combines traditional foiling with balayage for stunning results. These techniques can also be adapted for colorists of all skill levels.
Schwarzkopf Professional, Made To Create
Creativity is the act of turning new and imaginative ideas into reality. With the latest fashion-driven tools and products, push the limits of your creativity. Join Schwarzkopf Professional North America Creative Director Damien Carney & North America Color Director Rossa Jurenas on a colorful journey. Get inspired by new ideas to expand your creative energy within your everyday salon work!